My sleep study was probably the easiest of all my tests. I sat in a chair and a guy strapped and glued things to various parts of my body and my head. I didn’t get there until later in the evening. After getting all set up, I was so tired that I actually just turned the tv off and went to sleep. I was rather impressed that I slept so easily, I usually toss and turn a lot and have a really hard time sleeping. I don’t really remember waking up in the night even with all of that stuff strapped to my head. I only remember when it was time to leave and being woken up to go home and have everything pulled off. I definitely went home and went back to sleep.
The guy was very nice; it was a little weird knowing that there was a man watching me on camera from a small room nearby. It turned out that I only had mild sleep apnea, I didn’t need a mask or anything crazy like that, I just snore. I’ve talked to some other people who also said that they have had a really hard time sleeping in other places but didn’t seem to have any problems with the sleep study. It was almost like a little preview of staying in the hospital, because at least for me, I’d never spent the night in the hospital before.
Monday, November 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment