Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Bumped up - a time crunch

The time for my surgery was quickly approaching. It was going to be very shortly after I started my new job. I was nervous about how that would go; the whole thing was very stressful. Thankfully, I had the greatest boss ever, and he was completely understanding and supportive, even though I never told him what kind of surgery I was getting.

I got a call from my doctor one day saying that there was some kind of mix up with the operating room schedule and they had to move my surgery up a week. I almost lost it; I didn’t have a choice unless I wanted to move it back again. It was in the mists of other things that were going on, like my new job, and court dates, and I simply didn’t have time. I didn’t have a choice. My boss was even more understanding, and since I had postponed my surgery once already, I had to revisit some of my doctors, and ended up missing much more work than I planned.

Even the day before my surgery, I had a doctor call me and ask me if I had ever been to there office, and I most certainly had, and I needed them to give me the okay for surgery the next day. The whole situation was very frustrating, but somehow everything got done, just in time.

The other downside to this whole situation, my dad was planning a trip around my original surgery date, and when they moved it up a week, that screwed up everything. He could no longer take me to the hospital, and I could exactly take myself. I was hiding the whole thing from my family, because when I brought it up the first time, they made their opinions very clear. Now I had to find someone to take me to the hospital, and honestly, I did need my mom there, I just didn’t want to ask her.

My dad took it upon himself to tell my sister, and to tell her that I needed to tell my mom. This turned into quite the mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment